Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Tao of Twitter

The Tao of Twitter by Mark Schaefer is a great hands on book for newbie Twitter users. Within its pages are hundreds of useful tips and information on how to use a Twitter account for your business. For me, I found this book to be of great help because I have a Twitter but am not proactive on it. In the book it explains rules to you on how to appropriately use the social media site for your business page. For instance, it tells you how active you should be and how many times a day you should be tweeting. It also tells you to branch out and explains why it is so important to make as many connections as possible.
All in all I would recommend this book to anyone whether they have a background with Twitter or not. People my age need to know the difference between a personal Twitter page and a business Twitter page. I think that this book does a great joke explaining the differences and how they are used differently.
For me I feel like I could in fact run my own Twitter page after reading this book. I am confident enough now in my own Twitter skills and have a sense for what I should and should not be doing. I could even use my fake business as a way to practice. Practice makes perfect is what I've always been told!

Check out the author of The Tao of Twitter, Mark Schaefer here!https://twitter.com/markwschaefer

6 comments:

  1. I also have had a twitter for a while but was never really active on it before this class. I also agree with your view of how people our age need to know the difference of a professional account and a personal account.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is an extremely good point, I sometimes post to this account thinking its my other account and its just better to have separation of work and personal life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the very kind review of my book! All the best, Mark

    ReplyDelete
  4. I felt the same after reading the book. I had a twitter before this class, but now I feel like I have a better understanding of all the different aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your confident in your Twitter skills now Steph. Guess that's saying something about the book

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the separation of personal and business. I have a personal twitter, and sometimes I read people's tweets and think "You know people can see this, right?" It's good to keep some personal stuff private.

    ReplyDelete